Job Title: Driver
Reports To: Transportation Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for the transportation of adult consumers from CDC and other service related assignments. Responsible for the proper care and housekeeping duties of CDC vehicles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive bus/vehicle in a safe, courteous and professional manner.
- Follow risk plans of consumers being transported.
- Monitor consumer behavior and report all incidents to proper department.
- Keep bus clean.
- Assist in scheduling and route determination.
- Complete all appropriate paper work in a timely manner.
- Perform safety inspections and/or bus evacuations upon request.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Be aware of weather and road conditions in your area; report this information to
- Transportation Supervisor
- Report all mechanical problems to Transportation Supervisor
- Keep Transportation Supervisor informed of any changes in the above.
- Look for ways to improve processes and efficiencies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Minimum of one year driving experience. Valid Indiana license. Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification. CDL Certification preferred.
Language and Skills
Reading and writing skills as needed to complete proper paperwork. Good communication skills. Update skills by attending training sessions.
Be in adequate physical health to perform the job tasks required. Be free from communicable disease with a negative TB test or chest x-ray. Must be able to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to taste and smell. May require lifting ability to assist with transfers or other activities related to individual. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in this environment is moderate. In some situations the noise level could be loud.
Casual and clean attire as indicated in the employee handbook.
To apply, please fill out our application, background check, and references forms.