Employment Training Specialist
Job Title: Employment Training Specialist (ETS)
Department: Adult Services
Reports To: Heartland Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide vocational development, job training, and support to customers at their job sites or designated training areas. Must provide accurate documentation as required by state, federal regulations and accreditation standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops appropriate pre-placement training and vocational reinforcement to customers as needed.
- Provides support and cooperation to fellow members of the employment services team to assure quality service delivery.
- Follows the regulations and guidelines of state funders and other contracted entities.
- Follows the organization’s standards for Community Employment.
- Maintains a professional perspective when interacting with customers, families, funders, and other staff personnel.Serves as a representative of the organization in the community and resource for customers and their families.
- Provide accurate documentation as required by CDC, state, federal and accreditation standards within stated time lines.
- Must provide required amount of support services to customers as determined by supervisors, funders and customers.
- Must be punctual and reliable for meeting customer supports when job coaching in the field.
- Must have valid driver license with current insurance. Must have dependable transportation and provide transportation if needed and travel to different sites in the community.
- Attends certification training, in-service training, department meetings, case conferences, and seminars as scheduled.
- Must maintain the confidentiality of customers, families and funders at all times.
- Executes other specific tasks as assigned, some of which are continuing, while others are occasional in nature.
- Look for ways to improve processes and efficiencies.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No criminal history involving fraudulent, neglectful, exploitive, or abusive activities related to individual.
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours (evenings, weekends, holidays).
- Excellent work and personal references.
- Participation in successful completion of in-service training, including but not limited to CPR, First Aid, and Abuse and Neglect.
- ETS must successfully complete Employment Specialist Training Series and become certified six (6) months after hire date.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or college degree preferred.
Language and Skills
Good communication and written skills with some computer literacy is preferred.
Be in adequate physical health to perform the job tasks required. Some heavy lifting may be required. Must be able to transfer and utilize CDC approved training when physical intervention is required. Must be able to stand, walk, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to deal with bodily fluids/functions. Must be free from communicable disease with a negative TB test or chest x-ray.
The noise level may vary in different work environments. Generally noise level is moderate.
Appropriate grooming as defined by industry standards. Casual business attire.
To apply, please fill out our application, background check, references forms.