Employment Training Specialist
Job Title: Employment Training Specialist (ETS)
Department: Employment Services
Reports To: Employment Services Program Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for providing overall support to individuals who are in need of vocational development, job training, and/or support at their job sites or designated training areas. This is a Direct Support position, meaning that you will directly provide support to individuals who are disabled. Direct Support Professionals will provide engaged supports that enable those served to live, work, play, and learn in ways that are most meaningful to them while promoting independence and individual choice. All services are to be delivered in such a manner that meets all federal, state, local, and accrediting entity regulatory requirements as well as Lirio policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform engaging person-centered service delivery that encourages skill development and a meaningful day.
- Develops appropriate pre-placement training and vocational reinforcement to individuals as needed.
- Provides support and cooperation to fellow members of the employment services team to assure quality service delivery.
- Initiate, cultivate, and maintain meaningful relationships with external parties that improve employment outcomes for the individuals served.
- Complete, maintain, and file all required documentation both thoroughly and accurately as well as within the established timeframes.
- Will efficiently and proactively manage all time worked to maximize the outcomes of all individuals served.
- Will maintain a flexible schedule that is based on the needs of those served while meeting all authorized hours of the individual(s).
- Maintain reliable and safe transportation to perform all job duties in a variety of settings.
- Demonstrate compassion, understanding, and excellent communication skills. Must be patient with the ability to actively listen to those served. Must demonstrate problem-solving skills and be able to make sound judgments in time sensitive situations.
- Attends certification training, in-service training, department meetings, case conferences, and seminars as scheduled.
- Must maintain the confidentiality of individuals, families, and funders at all times.
- Executes other specific tasks as assigned, some of which are continuing, while others are occasional in nature.
- Demonstrates professionalism in all interactions with both internal and external parties.
- Maintain the records of each individual served in compliance with all regulatory requirements as well as company policies and procedures.
- Follows the regulations and guidelines of state funders and other contracted entities.
- Follows the organization’s standards for Community Employment.
- Look for ways to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No criminal history involving fraudulent, neglectful, exploitive, or abusive activities related to individual.
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours (evenings, weekends, holidays).
- Excellent work and personal references.
- Participation in successful completion of in-service training, including but not limited to CPR, First Aid, and Abuse and Neglect.
- ETS must successfully complete Employment Specialist Training Series and become certified six (6) months after hire date.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or college degree preferred.
Language and Skills
Good communication and written skills with some computer literacy is preferred.
Be in adequate physical health to perform the job tasks required. Some heavy lifting may be required. Must be able to transfer and utilize CDC approved training when physical intervention is required. Must be able to stand, walk, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to deal with bodily fluids/functions. Must be free from communicable disease with a negative TB test or chest x-ray.
The noise level may vary in different work environments. Generally noise level is moderate.
Appropriate grooming as defined by industry standards. Casual business attire.
To apply, please fill out our application, background check, references forms.