Job Title: Janitor
Reports to: Maintenance Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for the daily housekeeping duties in the Monticello or Rensselaer buildings to ensure safe, clean, and sanitary conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
For Monticello/Rensselaer Buildings:
- All bathrooms cleaned and sanitized
- Replenish soap, paper towel, and toilet paper dispensers
- Dusting and window cleaning
- Floor care: sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming
- Pick up trash in all areas, dispose in garbage bins
- Wash, dry, and fold cleaning rags
- Restock Housekeeping cart for next use
- Sanitize WFC workout machines.
- Clean and Sanitize tables in break area
- Special projects as directed.
- Keep janitor’s closets clean and orderly.
- Rearrange furniture (occasionally as directed)
- Notify Supervisor immediately if repairs are needed to sinks, toilets, gym equipment, furniture, janitorial equipment, or if cleaning supplies need to be ordered
- Other duties as assigned
Ability to use basic maintenance and housekeeping tools and equipment. Ability to read, write, and follow basic instructions. Experience preferred, but not required.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Must be able to perform tasks as required. Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crawl. Lifting in some instances up to 30lbs. Must be able to follow directions. Some cleaning chemicals may cause some irritation to skin – use gloves accordingly.
Neat and clean in appearance. Closed-toed shoes required.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. This Team Lead position is expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor, or other management members as business needs arise.
To apply, please fill out our application, background check, references forms.