Reports to: Program Director or Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Office hours are Monday – Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Days, evenings, weekends, and 24 hour on-call for emergency responses are required as needed or assigned to meet the needs of those served.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the overall management and successful delivery of quality service programs for individuals served through our Supported Group Living (SGL) or Intermediate Care Facility (ICF/IDD) in their assigned territory. Coordination, management, and delivery of quality service programs occurs through the direct supervision of employees, ensuring appropriate supports for those serves, and regularly occurring communication with those served, guardians, the interdisciplinary team(s), community sources, as well as funding and licensure sources. All coordination is to be conducted within contract, state and federal regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly supervises Program Supervisors, Team Leads, and Direct Support Professionals with authority to plan, assign and direct their work as needed.
- Proactively manage all subordinates; provides regular opportunities to review and develop the employees’ skills and performance.
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external entities to ensure the delivery of quality service programs in all settings.
- Collects all written materials from professionals responsible for aspects of the individuals served plan of care and assembles them into the required regularly occurring service plans and ISPs.
- Attend routine meetings, monitor individual progress and provide detailed/accurate summaries to the team on a monthly basis, develop and update formal programs that support the wants, needs, and dreams of those served, as well as coordinate medical oversight with the agency RN/LPN and external partners.
- Coordinate and direct the delivery of training, the provision of medical, and habilitation services. Monitor the therapeutic needs of individuals served and ensures appropriate supports are in place.
- Initiates periodic quality reviews and conducts all quarterly, annual, and special individual case conferences.
- Recommends and implements improvements for the organization’s services pertaining to the development of self-help, social skills, and independent living skills for all individuals served.
- Complete all necessary high risk plans for individuals served and update them as needed but no less than annually. The Program Coordinator will also ensure that updated plans are shared with the appropriate parties and that staff are trained on the most recent information for the individual served.
- Provide supervision and training to all program staff regarding the implementation of the PCP, ISP, and teaching strategies.
- Perform routine Quality Inspections and coordinate programs in a way that meets all state and accrediting body expectations for services.
- Review all Incident Reports and complete BDDS reports in compliance with state and federal regulation as well as company policy. All reportable incidents must be BDDS reported within 24 hours from the time of knowledge.
- Investigate incidents in compliance with state and federal regulation as well as company policy.
- Provide oversight of documentation, including but not limited to timesheets, goal or behavior tracking, and the Medication Administration Record. Verify that information is accurate and that current physician orders are obtained for all prescribed and OTC medications.
- Monitor and record all required trainings for staff and schedule updates as needed to remain current.
- Coordinates with Human Resources staff in personnel administration of subordinate staff members, including without limitation performance reviews and disciplinary actions, and makes recommendations for hiring and termination.
- Oversees the finances for individuals who have chosen CDC Resources as their representative payee in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies/procedures. Ensures individuals served remain eligible for Medicaid.
- Maintain consumer files per licensure and company regulations.
- Operates department within the approved fiscal budget.
- Provide direct support as needed to protect the health and safety of the individuals served, in a staffing crisis.
- Provide emergency on-call services as assigned; responds in a prompt and appropriate manner.
Other duties as assigned and as required to meet the needs of those that we serve.
- BA/BS in Human Services or a related field with at least 1 year experience working with disabled adults or in a related field –OR- High school diploma or GED equivalent with 5 years of related job experience –OR- a combination of education and related job experience equaling 5 years.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to mediate conflict and problem solve.
- Must be free from communicable disease with a negative TB test or chest x-ray.
- Must pass all required background checks without any disqualifying convictions or citations, per regulations.
- Must have a valid driver license, proof of valid auto insurance, and acceptable driving record.
- Must possess or be able to obtain CPR certification upon hire and renew/perform as required.
- Must be able to work a non-standard flexible schedule as needed to meet the needs of those served.
- Must be able to perform the essential job duties without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties of this position.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice as business needs arise.
To apply, please fill out our application, background check, references forms.