Job Title: Team Lead
Department: Adult Services
Reports To: Program Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Team Lead position is responsible for assisting the Program Supervisor in maintaining consistency in program implementation, individual care, staff mentoring, and communication with staff. The primary duty of a Team Lead also carries out the duties of a Direct Support Professional.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct care services with good attendance and punctuality. Be able and willing to fill in for staff absences.
- Assist in mentoring staff, and a consistent pattern of conduct to foster trust and respect.
- Serve as a role model to staff, and individuals served, of positive behaviors in the workplace, and by appreciation of their fundamental dignity and worth.
- When required, be able to handle minor staff issues, such as minor scheduling issues, work coverage, ensuring compliance to staff training, and resolve minor disputes.
- Be knowledgeable of and assist in ensuring conformance to BDDS standards. File BDDS reports when asked.
- Schedules activities for individuals receiving services and maintains ongoing communication with the individual receiving services. Maintain ongoing communications with caregivers/guardians when directed by Program Supervisor or QIDP.
- Ensure resident’s medical needs are being met. Schedule and assist in travel to doctors’ appointments when directed by Program Supervisor.
- Assist in the completion of monthly summaries on occasion when directed by the Program Supervisor.
- Provides accurate written documentation for program activities as required by state, federal, and accreditation standards in a timely manner.
- Ensure documentation for program billable activities is accurate.
Monitor all BSP’s to ensure staff are carrying out the BSP consistently, as written.
- Monitor and review behavior data sheets on an ongoing basis. Ensure staff are documenting targeted behaviors on behavior data sheets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Physical and Mental Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess excellent computer, written, and verbal communication skills with a good command of the English language.
- Some heavy lifting may be required. Must be able to transfer and utilize CDC approved training when physical intervention is required. Must be able to stand, walk, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to perform CPR on the ground.
- Must be able to deal with bodily fluids/functions.
- Must be free from communicable disease with a negative TB test or chest x-ray.
- Must have reasonable and dependable attendance, along with a physical presence at worksites.
- Clean and acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to perform the essential job duties without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties of this position.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. This Team Lead position is expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor, or other management members as business needs arise.
To apply, please fill out our application, background check, references forms.